Suggestions, Comments and Complaints

Procedure for Suggestions

The doctors and staff at this practice are committed to providing high quality healthcare and services to our patients.

If you have a suggestion, complaint or concern about the service you have received from the practice, please let us know.

Any suggestions can be written down and handed to a member of staff.
We operate a complaints procedure as part of the NHS system for dealing with complaints. The practice complaints procedure meets national criteria.

How to complain

We recommend informing a member of staff about your concerns or problems as soon as they arise and we will try and sort them out. Our staff will readily explain the complaints procedure to you and make sure that your concerns are dealt with promptly.

If you want to complain, please let us have all the details as soon as possible so we can investigate the problem. This can be via writing or verbally to a member of reception or the Practice Manager.

There are two ways you can complain:

Written Complaint:

Please complete a complaints form, which can be completed by clicking here, and hand it into the practice.  It helps us if you can supply us with as much information possible.

Verbal complaint:

Please contact reception where they will arrange for you to speak to Teresa Tromans, the Practice Manager, or schedule a call back. You also have the option to speak to a Team Leader if you prefer. Alternatively, you can use our Secure Contact Form or write to us requesting this.

If no solution can be agreed the member of staff will ask the complainant to submit a written complaint

Complaints to the practice are handled by the Practice Manger, appropriate GP or the Team Leaders. If the complaint is against the Practice Manager, the GP Partner, Dr Annie Majoka will investigate the complaint and all complaints should be addressed accordingly.

You need to make your complaint within 12 months of the incident that raised concerns with you OR within 12 months of discovering that you have a problem relating to a specific incident.

Complaining on behalf of someone else

Medical records are protected by the Data Protection Act 1998. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else we need to know that you have their permission to do so. A note signed by the person concerned will be needed unless they are incapable (e.g. due to illness) of providing this.

What we will do

We will contact you about your complaint within three working days and offer to discuss with you the best way to investigate it, including the time scales to expect for a reply. We will aim to:

  • Find out what happened and what went wrong.
  • Invite you to discuss the problem with those involved, depending on your preference of by phone or face to face
  • Apologise where this is appropriate.
  • Identify what we can do to make sure that the problem does not happen again.
  • Address the issue individually with specific members of staff involved if at fault

You have the option to contact NHS England if you wish to complain about your experience with us. If you do decide to complain to our practice about any issue you feel appropriate, you have thereby given us the responsibility to handle your problem independently. Subsequently, you will not then be eligible to complain to NHS England in addition. We advise all patients to come to us with their problems as we aim to settle all disputes quickly and learn from our mistakes where they have been made.

NHS England (Open: Mon-Fri 8am to 6pm)

NHS England
P O Box 16738
B97 9PT

Tel: 0300 311 2233


(If you are making a complaint please state: ‘For the attention of the complaints team’ in the subject line)

Sheffield Advocacy Hub

Patients can also seek support in making a complaint through the Sheffield Advocacy Hub

If you are not satisfied

If neither body helps resolve the issue, you have the right to approach the Ombudsman.

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman

Millbank Tower

Tel: 0345 015 4033

The Care Quality Commission is always interested in both issues and outcomes. Details can be forwarded to though please be aware they are not involved in the resolution process.